Startup Asia Bandung: A Multi-Platform Hackathon
Since the Jakarta event, we have had many readers emailing us to find out where and when the next Startup Asia will be held. We’re happy to announce that the next Startup Asia event will be held in Bandung, a lovely city in Indonesia filled with universities, designers, and developers. It is also nicknamed the “Paris of Java”.
Startup Asia Bandung 2012 will be different from the previous two events we organized. It will be primarily focused on a 24-hour Hackathon. We’re making it multi-platform and non-restrictive. Developers can code in any language and for any platform.
Things to expect:
- 24 hours of fun – Similar to our hackathon in Jakarta, but even more fun! You can expect a lot of activities while the hacking gets tough at night.
- Challenges – We have some challenges to throw at the developers. Put your skills to work and live up to the challenge.
- Prizes – Each challenge comes with a prize, like some bonus cash, gadgets, and/or a possible internship at a tech company.
- APIs – There will be a list of APIs to have fun with. If you have APIs to provide, contact me at willis[at]techinasia[dot]com.
- People – Meet like-minded developers and test out your skills with them.
Date: October 13 – 14 (Sat and Sun)
Price: Free – Sign up here.
For sponsors: Contact Minghao at minghao[at]techinasia[dot]com
We are looking for developers and designers across Indonesia to take part in this Hackathon. You can formulate and plan your idea beforehand, but no code should be written before the Hackathon starts. Our rules and FAQs can be found here.
You can also form your dream team first before going into the hackathon, or you can group up with some new friends and form a team once you’re there. For anything else, please check out our Startup Asia Bandung event site and stay tuned for more exciting updates.