One of the major highlights of Startup Asia Jakarta is where we scour the entire Asian region and pick the top 10 startups to compete in Startup Arena to bring home a prize money of US$10,000 and have their startup’s legacy engraved on our Startup Asia Champion Trophy.
Startup Arena battle is scheduled on Thursday, 27 November 2014.Don't miss out!
Monk’s Hill Ventures
- Seed Stage Category
Who: We prefer startups which are new, struggling, and unknown but with a brilliant product to demo and pitch at the Arena. Startups must not have received funding or have little funding received prior to Startup Arena.
What: Startups will pitch to walk away with USD$10,000 prize money. Softlayer will also give top winner USD$24,000 annual hosting credits and mentorship from SoftLayer Catalyst program.
In this category, the startup with the highest score will win Startup Arena Jakarta 2014. There will be four esteemed judges in the judging panel who will judge based on the following criteria:
- Verbal clarity in pitches
- Demo/video demonstration
- Level of innovation
- Practicality of the product
- Investing potential of the startup
- Product demo is a must and your pitch has to be done in English
- We will provide a week-by-week training to help you perfect your pitch
- Please note that for startups who are accepted, we don’t pay for your airfare and accommodation
- But entrance to Startup Asia is free